Are wellhealthorganic.com:10-benefits-of-eating-roasted-gram you looking for a healthy and delicious snack that satisfies your cravings? Look no further than roasted gram! This versatile legume, also known as chana dal, is not only tasty but also packed with nutrients. From promoting digestion to boosting energy levels, roasted gram offers many benefits that make it the ultimate snack for good health. In this blog post, we’ll explore the top 10 benefits of roasted gram and even share some recipes so you can enjoy this nutritious snack in different ways. So let’s get started!
What is roasted gram?
Roasted gram is a type of lentil that has been roasted and split into two halves. It is also known as chana dal in Hindi, and it’s a staple ingredient in Indian cuisine. The legume is obtained by removing the outer layer of black chickpeas, which are then split to reveal the yellowish-white interior.
Roasting gives the gram a nutty flavor and crispy texture, making it an excellent snack on its own or as an addition to other dishes. Roasted gram can be enjoyed raw or cooked and complements various spices and flavors. Moreover, it’s low in calories but high in fiber, protein, vitamins B1 and B6, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc.
Due to its nutritional value and versatility in cooking applications such as salads or curries’ toppings; roasted grams have become popular among health enthusiasts looking for a healthy alternative to conventional snacks. Whether you’re looking for something sweet or savory – roasted gram offers endless possibilities!
Top 10 benefits of roasted gram
Roasted gram, also known as roasted chana or bhuna chana, is a popular snack in India that offers numerous health benefits. Here are the top 10 benefits of consuming roasted gram:
1. Rich in protein: Roasted gram is an excellent source of plant-based protein that helps build and repair muscle tissues.
2. Low glycemic index: The low GI value of roasted gram makes it an ideal snack for people with diabetes as it slows down digestion and prevents spikes in blood sugar levels.
3. High fiber content: Roasted gram contains significant amounts of dietary fiber which aids digestion, prevents constipation, and promotes satiety.
4. Boosts energy levels: The complex carbohydrates present in roasted grams provide sustained energy and prevent fatigue by releasing glucose gradually into the bloodstream.
5. Regulates cholesterol levels: Roasted grams are rich in soluble fibers that bind to cholesterol molecules and remove them from the body, reducing bad cholesterol levels.
6. Anti-inflammatory properties: Roasted grams contain polyphenols that have anti-inflammatory properties and help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
7. Promotes heart health: The magnesium content present in roasted grams helps regulate heart function by relaxing blood vessels, reducing blood pressure, and preventing cardiovascular disease.
8. Supports brain function: Roasted grams contain nutrients like folate and vitamin B6 which help improve cognitive functions such as memory retention and concentration.
9. Prevents anemia: Roasted grams are a good source of iron which plays a crucial role in hemoglobin production; thus helping prevent anemia
Aids weight loss – Since these are low-calorie snacks filling you up quickly with its high fibre content,it leads to lesser calorie consumption aiding weight loss efforts
Incorporating this tasty snack into your diet can offer several health advantages while satisfying your cravings at the same time!
How to make roasted gram
Roasted gram is a versatile snack that can be enjoyed in many different ways. Whether you want to eat it plain, add it to your favorite trail mix, or use it as a crunchy topping for salads and soups, roasted gram is an excellent choice.
Making roasted gram at home is surprisingly easy! All you need are dried chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) and an oven. Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). Then, spread the chickpeas out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake them for about 20-30 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
Once the roasted gram is finished baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container. You can enjoy this nutritious snack anytime!
Roasted gram can also be flavored with spices like cumin, coriander, chili powder or garam masala before roasting to give them additional flavorings. Experimenting with different seasoning combinations will take your homemade roasted grams up another level!
Recipes with roasted gram
Recipes with roasted gram are not only wellhealthorganic.com:10-benefits-of-eating-roasted-gram tasty but also healthy, making them a perfect option for those who want to indulge in good food while maintaining their health. Here are some simple and delicious recipes that you can make using roasted gram.
One of the easiest ways to use roasted gram is by making chutney out of it. You can grind together roasted gram, coconut, green chillies, ginger and salt to create a spicy and tangy chutney that goes well with dosas or idlis.
Another recipe is the traditional South Indian snack – masala sundal. In this recipe, boiled chickpeas (or any other legume) are tossed with mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida and grated coconut along with a generous helping of roasted gram. This dish makes for an excellent evening snack or even as part of your lunchbox.
Roasted gram laddoos are another popular treat that’s easy to make at home. Simply roast the grams until golden brown before grinding them into a coarse powder along with jaggery and ghee. Shape them into small balls and enjoy these protein-rich sweets guilt-free!
You can also add roasted grams to salads wellhealthorganic.com:10-benefits-of-eating-roasted-gram for some crunchiness or use it as a topping on your yogurt bowl for added texture.
There are numerous ways in which one can incorporate roasted grams into their diet through various dishes such as chutneys, snacks or desserts!
Roasted gram is an excellent snack that can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. It is packed with essential nutrients and minerals that are beneficial for your body. From aiding digestion to improving heart health, roasted gram has numerous benefits.
In this article, we have discussed the top 10 benefits wellhealthorganic.com:10-benefits-of-eating-roasted-gram of roasted gram and how it can be made at home. We also provided some recipe suggestions to make this delicious snack even more enjoyable.
So next time you’re looking for a quick, healthy snack option, consider reaching for roasted gram. Not only will it satisfy your hunger pangs, but it will also provide your body with essential nutrients and minerals needed to function properly.
Remember to consume in moderation as excessive wellhealthorganic.com:10-benefits-of-eating-roasted-gram consumption may lead to weight gain due to its high-calorie content. Incorporate roasted grams into your diet today and reap the benefits of good health!